May 20, 2009

The New Kindle 2 Vs The Traditional Book - A Review

As technology has continued to evolve over the years so has the everyday book. But how does one compare to the other?
Is the readability of the book compromised?
Readability is a big one because we all know that staring at a computer screen is very bad for your eyes and essentially the Kindle is a little computer screen. However, with the new technology that they use on the Kindle 2, it does not hurt your eyes. The Kindle 2's page layout is the exact same as a regular book's layout with one exception, you can make the print bigger or smaller with the push of a button.
Are you able to get lost in a Kindle 2 like you can with a regular book?
When I read a book I get completely engulfed in it. After the first few pages I don't even realize that I'm turning pages or reading words. It is like a movie playing in my head. That feature alone is why I love reading so much. It offers the ability to relax and escape reality for a little while.
Amazingly, with the Kindle 2 I am able to get lost in the book, however, it takes me much longer to be immersed in the story and I don't stay that way for as long. Some of that might simply be because reading a book and turning the pages is so automatic because that is how I've always read a book. Pushing a button is not a natural way to read but I'm sure that over time it will become so.
How does buying a book on Kindle 2 compare to buying a regular book?
When you decide you want a new book you have to get in the car, drive the store, find the book, go through the checkout, and drive back home. If you're very lucky it will only take about 30 minutes but somehow I'm usually not that lucky and with kids, I normally only have a short amount of free time. In this regard I love the Kindle 2 because I can pick my book, pay for it, and have it downloaded in 60 seconds.
What about the price of the book? Is it about the same?
A new release hardback book will cost you about $20.00 and a paperback will cost around $7. A new release downloaded is $10.00. So if you read a lot of new releases it will be cheaper to buy the book on Kindle 2. However, if you decide you want to read a book all you need to do is go to the store and buy it but, if you want to download a book to the Kindle 2 you have to buy the Kindle 2 first and that's going to run you around $400.00.
Is the Kindle 2 a new trend that is going to be popular for a while and then disappear?
The Kindle 2 will continue to get more popular and with over 250,000 books (and growing) to choose from, it's safe to say that the Kindle 2 is not going to be going anywhere any time soon. To get the best deal on the new Kindle 2 click http://www.best-online-deals.net.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Christine_Pinkston

No comments:

Post a Comment